Expressive Arts Groups
Our weekly Expressive Arts Group, lead by Primary Therapist Janice Witt, M.A, CADC II, NAADAC, was created to encourage our clients to “think outside of the therapeutic box”. This group provides them with an end-of-week break from the classic, structured “group therapy” model and teaches them to open their minds and their spirit through various artistic expressions.
- Collages of the Soul (a records of soul movement, desire, surrender, and hope)
- Facial Sculptures
- Film and Recovery “Movie Yoga” (A library of films addressing issues of spirituality and addiction that move clients with processing)
- Poet of the Soul (An experiential creative writing exercise),
- Mandala and its roots to the soul (An experiential group using music, pencils, paint, and pastels, to create mandalas and explore personal meaning and growth)
- Spirit Writing/Writing the Soul.
Most Expressive Arts groups are set to music to quiet the mind, and encourage the creative spirit to “come out and play.” We make every effort to ensure no two Expressive Arts groups are ever the same.