Sober Chaperone Service – A Sober Way Home
We have always firmly believed, at A Sober Way Home, that once admitted to our program, a client should avoid leaving treatment at all costs. The reason for this is simple: Relapse. The potential for relapse in the first six months of sobriety, outside of a treatment environment, is high enough to cause concern about relapse…Particularly if the client is going home to face a stressful event like court or a loss in the family. No situation has proven us right as often as a client “temporarily leaving” treatment without a Sober Chaperone.
Two most common reasons in which taking a brief leave from treatment are generally (not always) supported by A Sober Way Home:
- Attending the funeral of an immediate family member and
- A required court appearance by the client to avoid a warrant or jail when a letter or phone conference won’t suffice.
Our Sober Chaperone Service is only available to clients approved, by the treatment team, to return home or go to court when every alternative to leaving treatment is exhausted.
For a fee, our Sober Chaperone Services includes:
- Transportation and Gas to/from the PHX Airport (to/from court in Phoenix)
- 24/7 Supervision of the client when at all possible
- Accompanying the client in the proper attire to court and addressing the court as a representative of A Sober Way Home when asked
- Bringing signed letters of recommendation to present in court on behalf of our Medical Director, Executive Director, Clinical Director and/or Therapist
- Providing moral support/guidance during their trip outside of ASWH
- Ensure continued daily schedule structure remains intact
- Ensure the client attends AA/NA meetings (for overnight trips)
Sober Chaperone Service Fees*
Once the therapist and the executive director have approved the client’s temporary leave, please contact the family liaison at 928-848-4364 for actual daily fee information for a Sober Chaperone.
*All fees must be paid in advance of trip. If event/court requires flying out of Phoenix, airline ticket for Sober Chaperone is the responsibility of client or client’s family and must be on same flight as client.